The LRC is open from 09.45 to 16.15 every day, and available to pupils break time, lunchtime and Session 6. The room is welcoming and spacious so it’s an ideal place for some peace and quiet, with some comfortable chairs and cushions to just sit, read and relax.
The Learning Resources Centre (LRC) is more than just a Library. Here, you will find everything you need to develop your independent learning skills with reference books, magazines and access to computers and a printer. We now also have a small range of games such as chess, draughts and battleships.
There is a wide range of fiction available with new titles being added regularly, and if you have any suggestions on an author or series of books that we don’t have, let Mrs Hobbs know and she will investigate purchasing them.
We also have audio books on compact disc. You will also have the opportunity to visit the room with your teacher to study set topics: there are desks and an interactive whiteboard for this purpose.
We use the Dewey Decimal System to help you find non reference resources easily and we have an Internet based Library Management System which allows you to check the if we have a certain book you may be interested in.
You are able to take out one fiction and one non-fiction book out at the same time.
Mrs Hobbs will always be pleased to see you and help you find the right resources.
Rules of using the LRC
- Please remove coats and bags: better still, leave them in one of the lockers outside the LRC.
- Do not enter the library unless a member of staff is present.
- No food or drink may be brought into the library.
- Please enter the room quietly and sensibly.
- Treat all books with respect and put them back in the correct place. If you are unsure where they go, please hand them to Mrs Hobbs who will shelve them for you.
- Remember, other people may be working so please keep noise to a minimum.
Last Updated: 1st November 2017